Reviews (see menu for full text).
M. Pilaszek, Procesy o czary w Polsce w Wiekach XV-XVIII, Cracow, 2008 in the Slavonic and East European Review.
J. Goodare (ed.), The Scottish Witch-Hunt in Context, 2002
U.Valk, The Black Gentleman: Manifestations of the Devil in Estonian Folk Religion, 2001.
Articles and Publications
- The Witch Report – Feminist Times, 2013
- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, Feminist Times, 2013
- When is an academic not an academic? The Guardian, Nov 2012
- ‘Witchcraft, Arson and Murder – The Turek Trial of 1652’, Central European Journal, 1 (2003), 41-54.
- ‘The Devil in Early Modern Poland’ in Demons, Spirits, Witches. Christian Demonology and Popular Mythology. Eds.: Klaniczay, G. – Pócs, É. 2003
- ‘Early Modern Exclusion – The Branding of the Witch in Demonological Literature 1511-1775’ in Examining ‘the Other’ in Polish Culture: Studies in Language, Literature and Cultural Mythology. Ed. E. Grossman. Lampere: The Edwin Mellen Press, 2002. pp 143-155
- ‘Czarownice z kraju Warty’, in Wprost nr.35, 2001
- Several entries on Poland in the Encyclopedia of Witchcraft: The Western Tradition. ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara
- Warto być Polakiem? ‘Is it Worth Being a Pole?’ in Pressje (2002), Jagiellonian University, Cracow.
Seminars and Lectures
- Representations of the Witch in Early Modern Poland. From Maleficia to Lysa Gora, University of Oxford, April 2014
- The Representation of the Witch in Early Modern Polish Literature, BASEES Annual Conference, April 2002
- Poland on the Periphery? – A Survey of the Polish Witchcraft Persecution 1511-1776, Third York Cultural History Conference, April 2002
- Neither Widows, Midwives, nor Women – Witchcraft in Early Modern Poland, Hertford College SCR-MCR Academic Soirée, February, 2002
- A State Without Stakes? The Witchcraft Persecution in the Polish Lands 1511-1776, Institute for Historical Research, London, October 2001
- The Discourse of Power in Polish Witchcraft Accusations, Polish Seminar, Oxford, April 2001
- Nobles, Germans, and familiars: the peculiarities of Polish Demonology, Forum on Early Modern Central Europe, Warburg Institute, November 2000
- The Witches of Grodzisk, Early Modern Europe Seminar, University of Oxford, November 1999
- Symbolism in Kochanowski’s Treny, Polish A Level Studies Day, University of London, April 1998
- Revolution in Wyspiański’s Wesele, Polish A Level Studies Day, University of London, April 1998
- The Witch in Early Modern Poland – Polish Seminar, Oxford, Trinity Term 1998